So you want to know how to connect your brand new Pliek account to your website?
What is a pixel script?
First of all, let me tell you what a pixel script is. A pixel script is a piece of HTML code that you need to place on your website. When the code is successfully placed in the <head> tag of your website, it will load the widgets that you created in Pliek into your site.
It may sound a little bit hard to do, but in fact it is really easy. Let me explain to you how to place the pixel script on the most common systems below.
What you should do in all cases
For all platforms we’re mentioning below you need to copy your Pliek domain pixel code. To do this, go to your domains overview in your Pliek dashboard and click Copy pixel code at the domain that you want to connect to your website.
Placing the Pliek script on your WordPress website
WordPress users can simply install the Pliek script by using the Simple Custom CSS and JS plugin.
1. Install and activate the Simple Custom CSS and JS plugin
2. In your WordPress menu at the left, select Add Custom HTML
3. Go to your domains overview in your Pliek dashboard and click Copy pixel code at the domain that you want to connect to your WordPress site.
4. Now paste the copied code to the field in the Custom CSS and JS plugin.
5. Make sure you select Header in the options Where on page at the right sidebar.
6. Select Publish and you’re all set! Make sure you clear the cache when your widgets are not showing immediately.
Placing the Pliek script on your Wix website
In Wix, there are two ways to add header codes to your site. First of all, make sure you copied the pixel script of Pliek to your clipboard.
Next, choose one of the following options to place the pixel code on your Wix website:
- Add a custom code under Tracking & Analytics: This is a Premium feature that requires a connected domain. Choose this option if you want to continue building your site using Wix ADI, or if your site is already Premium. Learn More
- Add the header codes in your site’s SEO settings: This feature is only available for sites built with the Wix Editor, not Wix ADI. To use this option, you’ll need to switch to the Wix Editor (you won’t lose any changes you’ve made so far). Learn How
Placing the Pliek script on your Squarespace website
To place the Pliek pixel script on your Squarespace website, please follow this tutorial on how to insert HTML code in the header of your website by using Code Injection.
Placing the Pliek script on your Weebly website
For Weebly you will need to use the option Add custom header code at the bottom of the integrations page. Please follow this tutorial on how to insert third party code into the header of your website.
Placing the Pliek script on your Shopify store
If you want to place your Pliek script in the header of your Shopify store, please install the XO Insert Code plugin and paste your Pliek pixel in the field Code in header. When done, turn the script that you just made on.